in office or remote in florida or colorado
who are we looking for
A well-rounded and experienced Product Designer who's ready to utilize their expertise and product thinking to design global digital products while growing their consulting skillset.
Do you have a strong prodsuct design portfolio demonsetrating you possess a design and product mindset? At feature, product design is a role that spans across many design disciplines. We don't hire for specific roles like User Experience Design, User Interface Design, Interaction Design, Front End Design, etc. For us, this is all one role. We believe designing the right products for our clients come from those designers who have the ability to see the project from conception to delivery.
Our projects are design-led, so you will have influence and impact across all our client projects. As a product designer at feature, you'll span your skillset across facilitating design workshops, prototyping web and mobile interfaces, curating or improving existing products, and more. Outside of designing beautiful interfaces and developing great user experiences, you must be able to write your own HTML, SCSS(CSS), and some JS. You'll work alongside our engineering teams to collaboratively bring those designs to life.
Who we are
feature is a collection of people passionate about the design, development and maintenance of custom software products. We're sincerely dedicated to the craft of software development but also subscribe to the idea that we should act like a profession. In that regard, we associate strongly with a "software engineering" mindset, not just software development or programming. We believe deeply in research, learning and professional development. Mentoring and team dynamics are an important part of who we are. Further, our entire company is designed to solve problems for our clients by way of our collective "state of the art". We're best known for our preparation, professionalism and dogged attitude for building the right software.
What your job entails
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process—including research, writing, wireframing, prototyping, visual designs, front end designs, usability testing, and presenting your designs to key stakeholders
- An intuitive eye for business and customer needs beyond the evident
- You must possess design facilitation principles, standards, and activities to run design workshops to provide guidance on how to bring product visions to life and drive multiple teams towards a goal
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, and present product design ideas to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Must have experience at building & prototyping mockups
- The ability to explore and test multiple approaches through pen and paper, and a whiteboard
- Experience working within a structured product team designing and shipping successful software and products
- You must have an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to rapidly pivot and create designs on high-priority products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to construct with modern techniques and methodologies — Human Centered Design, Activity Centered Design, User Scenarios, etc
- Must stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions, with an especially strong focus on user accessibility
- Must have working knowledge of Git
Your experience & qualifications
- Be a generalist, understanding your strengths and weaknesses across the product design process
- Set design requirements based on information from our clients and their users
- Help execute product vision by collaborating with our clients and their users to discover their core problems, constraints, needs, and wants
- Modify and revise existing client designs to meet changing markets and customer needs
- Turn ideas and concepts into web and native mobile products
- Take responsibility and contribute to the product design process, striving for excellence while working closely alongside our software engineers to build and improve our products and processes
- Deliver elegant product designs that solve the right problems with a keen eye for detail
- Revise and update designs and documentation based on continued user testing and feedback
- Be highly collaborative with a strong focus on a comprehensive, end-to-end product design process